December 28, 2015: thanks for your support!
Last week, I mailed thank you cards to the people I photographed this year. I was honored to shoot their portraits, engagements, proposals, and weddings in 2015. Obviously, Kenneth Jackson Photography, LLC would be nothing without them!
As I sealed and stamped the envelopes, I started thinking about all of the other people who supported me this year:
- Fellow photographers. I was grateful for the chance to shoot weddings in Virginia and Maryland with other professionals near Washington, DC. Those with more experience gave me some great advice.
- My local camera shop. The staff at District Camera in Burke, VA was always very friendly and knowledgeable when I visited to rent or purchase equipment.
- The team at SmugMug. They built the tools that enabled me to build this website. They host it on their servers, too. Check 'em out if you need somewhere to display your photography online!
- My social media followers. They encouraged me when I shared recent work.
- My wife. Laura allowed me to upgrade my camera bodies and invest in a wider array of lenses. She also patiently listened to my struggles and triumphs.
Whoever you are, please know that your contribution was greatly appreciated. :-)
Launching a small business this year was a little intimidating, to be honest. The financial investment and the time commitment were significant. Given the way 2015 went, though, I'm excited to see what 2016 brings!